So as i sit here and write this im currently 38wks pregnant. I have exactly two weeks until my due date, so this little man could arrive at any point :O
I am so ready for him now, the pregnancy has been super enjoyable and relaxed but as the Braxton hicks increase and more of my clothes don’t fit i just get more eager for his arrival.
So above is some of the essentials i have packed for my birth! I’m hoping if everything goes as planned i won’t need to stay the night and can come home straight away 🙂
- Number 1 essential is my birthing notes which i’ve been carrying everywhere with me.
- A comfy/cheap nightie for labour/after birth. (I picked one up for £1 from Primark that i can chuck after).
- Warm socks.
- Flip Flops (I’ve heard a lot how these are a blessing to have as they are super easy to slip on).
- Lip Balm (I use one from Lush which is super moisturising).
- Book/Doodle book, pencils and a crossword book.
- Water spray & Flannel.
- Sexy big knickers 😛
- Maternity Pads (I use cloth sanitary pads and kindly got sent these long maternity pads from http://www.earthwisegirls.co.uk/ They are super comfy and soft and after a pre wash i noticed how quick they dry). I will definitely buy any future products from them! 😀
- Hand Sanitiser (Keep them germs at bay).
- Toiletries (For that after shower and keeping fresh). Hairbrush, hairbands and toothbrush.
- Make up (Would like to look mildly pleasant for them first photos).
- Nursing bra and breast pads (I got some reusable bamboo pads from https://beamingbaby.co.uk/
- Some comfy clothes to travel home in/easy to nurse.
- Food and drinks to keep me and rich happy.
- Bikini (Plan to have a water birth but i’ll probably want to bare all).
- Teddy/Pillow (Things to make you feel at home).
- Camera & Fully charged Batteries (Will pack these when we leave).
- Phone Charger to contact family.
- Change for the car park.
- Clean T-shirt for Rich.
I have probably super over packed! But all of this fits in one bag so not as much as it all sounds 😛
If you have any suggestions of things you found super helpful or that i’m missing let me know! 😀